Thursday, July 30, 2009

Doug's projects

Doug has been busy putting up new light fixtures (2 down, 4 to go!), putting our new island together (rest of kitchen to come later!), and installing all the curtain rods (still three more to do honey...hint hint). Anyway, here are some pics of his great work!


The new light in the dining room, now doesn't that look better than the flying saucers?

Learning how to put together an Ikea island. Whew! almost there! Voila! It's an island!Doesn't it look good? The cabinets we are planning to put in are this same birch wood, with a black granite countertop. You can also get a glimpse of the new and improved family room in this picture. I'm almost ready to take pictures of that room...still need to hem and hang curtains.

Good job honey on all your work!! I think I'll keep you, you're kind of handy to have around.

3 comments:

Keri and Derek said...

Looking good!! It looks like lots of work, but fun at the same time! I'm looking forward to that day.

Amy said...

Great light. It looks exactly the same as the one we put in our dining room in LA. We must have great taste :) I love the island and the mental picture I have of your awesome new kitchen. Yay for you!

Cami said...

So far so good. I'm not sure how much fun it would be with all of the work but it's definately paying off.