Sunday, June 21, 2009

Surprisingly Unemotional

Today was our last Sunday here in Louisiana, and as such, I was released as Primary chorister. Also, had the fabulous opportunity (not!) to speak in church. (Amy, since I know you'll ask - Heather White). So, they released me and I didn't get choked up, then the kids even had to sing (Father's Day) and I still didn't get choked up, not during my talk, or even when the kids sang goodbye to me in Primary! I was up there thinking, why am I not getting emotional about this?

Answer, I have no idea. I'm weird. Seriously.

I will definitely miss these kids though! They are such great singers, and more than that they are great kids, who are making good choices and dealing with hard things with faith. I love them and will miss them. The area, not necessarily...but the kids definitely.

At any rate, I guess I just feel ready to move on, and I'm happy about our move to Michigan and excited to get going. The lack of tears are I guess just because I've met a lot of great people and now I'm moving on to meet more...it's all good.

We'll stay here only 3 more nights in this house. Unbelievable! Wednesday and Thursday nights we'll stay with Doug's brother since our house will be in disarray. Friday morning, we set out for our new adventure. Perhaps I'll cry then.

But probably not! :-)

1 comment:

Brianne said...

I am definitely sad that today was your family's last day in our ward. I don't know E and A very well, but I'm very glad that I got to know M by having her in my primary class. She is so smart and such a great example to the other kids. I could always count on her to "choose the right".

I'm glad that I can still check up on your family. Thank goodness for blogs.