Tonight for our last family home evening in Louisiana, we decided to go around and have everyone tell what they were going to miss in LA, what they won't miss in LA, what they are most looking forward to in MI, and what makes them nervous about MI. Here are our results:
Things we will miss: Free strings lessons, beignets, French Quarter, Garden District, "New Orleans in general", alligators, swamp tours, our friends
Things we won't miss: Climate, hurricanes, fire ants, misquitoes, kids in three different schools, dad's work schedule, dad's church schedule
Things we look forward to: Higher concentration of members of our church, kids all in one school (for one more years at least), school is right around the corner, much bigger house, much lower mortgage, Angie's cousin and friend are there, a raise, four seasons, great schools in our area, snow (when not driving in it), a fenced yard, a big yard. Too many to mention. We are excited to move to Michigan and feel good about pretty much all of it!
Things we are nervous about: Making new friends, finding music teachers, ice storms, commuting in winter, snow (when we are driving in it or shovelling it). We do wish it were a little closer to our family in the west, but it's a *bit* closer, and will be more affordable now at any rate.
We're down to counting hours instead of days. Really weird! In 36 hours they will be packing up our house.
Oh, and remember those items I couldn't find: my ipod, my pants, and my library book? Found the ipod today, hidden behind the desktop computer that I rarely use. Pants, found them long ago...somehow they ended up at the bottom of the stack when I thought they'd be on top - if all else fails, check your closet, lol! Library book -STILL MISSING! How do you lose a library book? I swear I have come across the same piece of paper 30 times, but still no book. It has to be in that teacher's classroom...but she says no. Ugh!!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Good luck with your move Angie. I can't help but peek at your blog from time to time to find out what's happening next in your very eventful life! I love your new home!
Heather.. MM friend
We are sooo excited for you. It will be an adventure, but you'll all be together. Isn't life wonderful. Best wishes. Aloha from the Hawaiian Missionaries.
What a great idea! I think we will copy that list of fears and joys for our last FHE here.
Your list of things to look forward to in MI is much longer that any of the others. That is a wonderful blessing!
I am wishing someone was packing my house for me... And I thought I was stressed before... hahahaha.
Post a Comment