Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Dresses



This morning was kind of crazy trying to get ready and to the church for 8:30 choir practice, so I didn't get pictures of the girls in their dresses.
When we got home from church, I told them to stay outside for just a second while I grabbed the camera to take some cute pictures of them in their dresses.
Thirty seconds later when I got back, they were busy riding their scooters. On Sunday. In their Easter dresses. Oh well, this is the best we got this year. Notice how A is rolling her eyes at me for asking to take a picture? Classic.
Now, for the M dress story. I bought her a dress earlier this week, and when she tried it on yesterday it was way too short. So, after our EB activites yesterday, we went shopping. Target, Penney's, Burlington, Dillard's, Sears, two different Walmarts...and still nothing. Either they were strapless and we couldn't find something to go under or over them that looked cute, or too short - but mostly just that they stock almost nothing in this size!! What do they think, there are zillions of infant/toddler, and up to age 8 girls - but then no more girls around until age 14?? Holy cow. There were TONS of cute dresses for the smaller girls, or bigger girls, but nothing for my tweener.
She was really sweet about it and when she realized we were pretty much wasting our Saturday driving all over town looking for a dress, she said, "mom, my dress from last year still fits me just fine. It's okay if I just use that one." Bless her heart, she put her mom out of her shopping misery. And she still looked beautiful. Her dress was pretty last year and it's pretty this year, and I'm sure no one knows any better.

No comments: