Wish I could find my camera. Unfortunately, since the aquarium last Saturday it has been misplaced. Since I've been working so much on this transcription class my house organization has not been my top priority lately. I'm sure it will turn up soon enough.
Until then, I'll describe what is happening and maybe you can picture it in your mind.
When we first moved here, we found it so fascinating that no one parked in their garages. Well, if they aren't parking in them, what are they doing with them, you ask? Some are using them for storage (since you can't have basements here, that makes sense). But most are using them for an extra family room. I've seen garages with carpet remnants, couches, even televisions. Oh, and paint. People paint their garages the prettiest colors here. And park in the driveway or on the street.
As for us, we have kept our Utah ways and we park in the garage.
I love driving down the street and watching people sitting in their chairs at the edge of the garage, watching cars go by. Hey, it's cheap entertainment, can't complain!
Well, as I type, Doug is outside sitting in his lawnchair in the garage, watching cars go by. Actually, he's watching the girls wash our cars in their swimsuits. Still, he's using the garage for recreating instead of parking. I think that qualifies us as official Lousianans now.
The chair will be down and the cars back in the garage by nightfall, however.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Here I thought you were going to say you were converting your garage into a family room to solve your space issues :) Come on, everyone is doing it!
It's kind of funny how different regions of the country have different habits and ways of doing things. The longer you stay in one place, the more locally cultural you seem to become... Maybe in a few more years, you'll be parking in the street and watching TV in your garage! :)
Post a Comment