I look forward to watching the inauguration today. It is a time of excitement and anticipation for our country.
I just wanted to post today my appreciation for President Bush. I think he's a good man, a man of God. His heart is in the right place, and while some of his decisions may not have been what you or I would have done, I'm convinced he was working for the good of our country. He dealt with unprecedented events including terrorism and the greatest natural disaster in our nation's history. He took a lot of the blame for the terrorist attacks, when obviously they were in the planning stages well into the Clinton administration. While there hadn't been attacks on our soil before then, there were plenty of attacks on US interests overseas that were a sign of things to come. I'm not sure anyone could have done any better given the circumstances Bush has had to deal with. He's been so gracious in this transition time, and I wish him the best. I think 10 or 20 years from now we'll look back on his administration with a lot more appreciation than we do today. I thank him for his service. I've not always agreed with him, but I appreciate him. And I'll really miss the guffaws he makes. They are endearing.
As Obama takes office today, I have hope that his election will inspire a change in people that we've greatly needed for many many years. He's a smart man, and very charistmatic. He'll find the job difficult and he'll make mistakes just as other presidents have done. I wish him the best. He sure has a mountain of challenges to deal with and it isn't going to be easy by any means. As an American, I'm 100% behind him at this moment and we'll see if it stays that way. May God be with President Obama.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Angie, I agree with everything you say. It's good to hear someone say good things about President Bush, I feel badly for him that everyone blames him for everything bad that has happened. Well Said.
Another friend in agreement with all that you said. Appreciate the past; hope for the future!
I also agree. I wish I could express myself with words better like you can. I really think Pres. Bush was a good Pres. because he did what he felt was right regardless of his popularity.
Post a Comment