And so it is. While Obama was not my candidate of choice, I do see the history in the making here. While I don’t have the excitement for President-elect Obama that some do, I can see that millions of people do so I’ll let them have their little celebrations (including the ANNOYING fireworks that were going off between 10:00 and 11:00 in my neighborhood last night). I kept thinking, “man, these people must really be ticking off their neighbors, considering it is a school night and McCain won by a landslide in the local precincts here”.
I find Obama to be big on style and short on substance. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. Hopefully I’m one of those in 8 years crying because he can’t be our president anymore. Somehow, though, I doubt that. But, it is what it is, and he’s our next president - and as such he has my respect and my prayers. He sure has a mess to deal with so I wish him the best.
Which brings me to something kind of odd that I heard the other day on the View (yes, I had the View on). They had some psychics on and they were predicting an Obama win (not exactly a difficult projection considering the way things were polling last week). Anyway, one of the psychics said that she sees 2012 as being a race between three women, and that a woman will be our next president. She said there will be three women contenders: Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin, and someone unnamed. So, Joy Behar, being the brilliant mind that she is, says, “well, if Obama wins this election, wouldn’t he be the democratic nominee in 2012?”…to which this psychic says she “doesn’t see Barack Obama in 4 years”. Hmmmm…not that I put ANY weight on what a psychic says, but I found that to be odd. Is he going to die in office, or be so horrible that he has no hope for reelection? Or will he be impeached…hmmm. Anyway, it was comic relief for my day.
On a positive note, all of my other candidates won. So that’s good.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I like your perspective. Respect the office even if you can't find room (yet) to respect the person.
Hmmm... don't put much stock in psychics but that is an interesting point of view. I think Obama's chances for a second term completely depend on how things turn around during his first term.
Personally, I'm hoping for a Romney run and win in '12. I'd hate to choose between Hillary and Palin...
Post a Comment