Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot like CHRISTMAS!

I still can't believe it's almost Christmas. Maybe it's because the weather is so gorgeous, or perhaps because we are away from family, but it hasn't really felt like the season, until today.

Doug made his yearly trek to the attic and brought down all of our stuff. Boy, it took us about 4 hours to put everything up! We loaded up the stereo with Christmas music - everything from Michael Buble to Josh Groban to James Taylor to Gladys Knight to Amy Grant to Mariah Carey to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. All of it wonderful! We've been playing music all day!

Here is our tree by daylight:

and here it is tonight. Notice we have a row of lights out. Arghhh...Doug tried and tried to get them to work, changed fuses etc. to no avail. It will do for now.


Tonight we fed the missionaries (pizza, what we always have the day we put the decorations up) and then we got out the Christmas duets and played through them. It's about the only time all year that Doug and I sit down to play together, so it's really fun for me. Our favorite is "Sleigh Ride", but boy, we were RUSTY!! My fingers felt like they were tripping all over each other. We'l definitely have to keep working on it.

Next week we'll start our singing nights, with a different group of friends over to sing carols each Sunday evening. It's one of our favorite holiday traditions.

And the best of it all is that I'm almost done with my Chrismas shopping! A few more things to get, cards to mail out, but I'm getting there! Oh, and all the wrapping (notice none of those presents are under the tree yet!)

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Your tree is beautiful! Congrats on being so close to being done with your Christmas preparations.

Cami said...

It looks great. We got our stuff up on Saturday. I haven't even started the shopping yet, I better hurry before I fall behind!