Having said that, I do try to help the kiddos have a fun time. They are out trick or treating right now with dad while I answer the door. Now, I do admit that the little kids are cute. Their costumes are fun, and they are so excited to see what is in the treat bag when they get home.
So...party day today at the schools! M's school doesn't do anything other than hand out treat bags at the end of the day. E's school has a party and a costume parade, and A's school also has a pary and comes to watch the parade next door.
At the costume parade, I went and stood by A's class to watch. My camera battery was dying and it look a long time in between pictures so I didn't get anything very good. In fact, I missed the cutest picture ever - I looked down and noticed that A and the little boy next to her were holding hands. I've seen little girls do this with each other but not enough a boy/girl combo. By the time I took the picture, this is all I got:

E was darling as she paraded around:

I didn't get any pictures of the parties because of the battery.
These last pictures are as they were leaving to trick-or-treat. By this time, I think even they were halloweened out. Ash wanted to wear her "Failure is not an Option" t-shirt from the Johnson Space Center underneath her Cinderella costume, and refused to do hair or makeup. E's makeup was worn off and she didn't want to refresh, and M never really did get a complete costume. It was supposed to be Gus Gus from Cinderella but never really materialized.


Well, the little monsters just got back, so I guess I'll wrap this up. Too much candy! Yuck!



2 comments:
I am not a Halloween fan either... but having a new baby (she's one this year) sure makes it more enjoyable. My husband refuses to let me play christmas music til after thanksgiving... but November 1st for me is the start of the Holiday season.
So not a fan, either. But my kids love it so I go along. Besides, I love chocolate and I make them share with me! :)
Post a Comment