Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Three things I forgot:

I also wanted to say that there is no school here until Monday - so it's almost like summer break again!! Woohoo!

Yes, the older man who was supposed to meet us did make it, finally. He arrived several hours after we did. He didn't really make an explanation of why he hadn't met us, but said that he got lost on the way. He actually had a really wonderful good Samaritan stop and help him. This guy drove many miles out of his way to have our ward member follow him, and called the host bishop to get directions and everything. There are really good people out there.

I also thought that I should put who evacuated with us since I use this as a journal and want to remember who was there with us. In our building we had:

Brother R....(can't remember the whole name) (1)
Dorothy Greene and her children and parents (5)
Sass family (7)
Sister Kavanaugh and her sister (2)
Sister Deschenes and Emily (2)
Sister Werb and her son (2)
Emilio Armirez and his wife and 2 other family members (sisters in law, I think?) (4)
Solomon family (2 adults, 1 adult child) (3)
Brooks family (2 adults, 2 adult children) (4)
Sister Rocque and her husband (2)
Sister King and her dad, and her adult brother (3)
A couple from Hattiesburg who live in a trailer, their 2 adult children, and an infant (5)

I think that's it. I guess that's a total of about 40 people, plus a few dogs and cats. Fun times!

We also had a few who came later and were sent to the new stake center (overflow). That was mainly the Boyacks and Talberts, and their Brazilian friends (a few families).

All in all, everyone was comfortable and safe and it was fun to get to know some of our ward members better, especially those who are not active (which was several of them).

4 comments:

McQuivey said...

We are so glad to hear that evrything turned out okay and that you are back home and safe!!

Bonnie said...

Glad you are back and that everything is fine. When you can finally move back "home", you will have some experiences to remember.

Cami said...

Glad it all worked out. Thanks for the update!

Dancersmama said...

dogs & cats? I thought pets weren't allowed! Although, I still say that is discrimination, so I'm glad that pets did get to come in! I'm just thankful to have family members near enough for evacuating, to not have to deal with that; especially since we have a dog!