

On the other hand....(deep breath)
Tell me if you think this looks like a happy kid:




I am so worried about this girl! Yesterday when we found out her teacher, we were really excited. She got a teacher that we have heard really good things about, and there were a couple of friends in her class from last year, a couple from 2nd grade, and a little girl who played in the same group with her at recess last year. So 5-6 kids that she knows and seemed excited to see again.
Last night, we had the perfect before-school night. Everyone was showered, teeth brushed, prayers said, bags packed, and in bed at 8:32 - almost my goal of 8:30! As I was turning out the light, Morgan said, "I don't want to go to school!" but she had seemed so excited earlier that I didn't really think anything of it. Here is a timeline of what happened next:
8:40 Ashlyn comes out saying she needs a drink. Sent back to bed without one (she had one right before bed)
8:45 Ashlyn comes out saying she needs the stroller for her baby. Ummm...no! Back to bed.
8:46 Ashlyn comes out (recurring theme??) and said Morgan is crying...
And thus, the tears start, and they haven't stopped yet as far as I know.
Tears again this morning, and when we got to the school she was just beside herself! She even saw one of her friends right as she walked in the room and she said hi right away and stuff, and asked Morgan to sit by her, and Morgan still was crying when I left. This kid!! We've tried all of the anxiety relieving things we know and she still struggles. But I'm sure by the time she gets off the bus this afternoon she will be fine. This is exactly how she was in 2nd grade (new school thing, I guess), and by the end of the day she loved her teacher and all was well.
On a positive note, I did like her teacher a lot and I think she's going to be great. I think we've got three good teachers this year! Yay!



5 comments:
She was probably just nervous because she will be at a school where she's the only Gardner girl. It's too bad that school started on a Friday because on Monday you may have the same problem all over again.
How sad. I do think that you might have more anxiety on Monday because of this dumb Friday start thing. I also worry about Alexa--It seems like those two are peas in a pod.
Man I feel so sad for her! I just want to give her a hug. I hope it gets better.
Awww, this literally broke my heart to see these pics, until I talked to you this afternoon. Still sad to see her this way, but I'm so glad she had a good day afterall (as you and I knew she would!!)
Bonnie has commented on how stupid it is to start school on Friday; but, that is only the half of it. The last day of school is a 1/2 day scheduled for May 25. So what? you may ask. Well, May 25th is Memorial Day!! I asked Sister Wade in our ward about this (she's a school teacher). She said this school district never gives Memorial Day off. The reason...because we get a week off for Mardi Gras. So, what's more important? Apparently, a big party instead of remembering and honoring our ancestors and fallen veterans. Go figure...C'est la Louisiannne.
Post a Comment