Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beds

As I was laying in bed last night, thinking “Gee, I miss my own bed!”, and not able to sleep, I started doing these calculations in my head. So, here is my version of counting sheep:

Since May 21st, I have slept (or not slept, as the case may be):
May 21st - had company in my bed, slept on the couch (actually very comfortable)
May 22nd - Doug decided that the couch would be more comfortable for him (he had slept in Morgan’s bed), so I switched him
May 23rd - yucky hotel in Baton Rouge
May 24th - 27th - back in Morgan’s bed
May 28th - my own bed1
May 29th, 30th - Courtyard Marriott in Crystal City, Arlington, VA
May 31st - Comfort Inn in Ballston, VA
June 1st, 2nd - my own bed!
June 3rd - Country Inn and Suites near Dallas, TX
June 4th - Super 8 in Albuquerque, NM
June 5th - June 16th - my mom’s house in UT

Now I’m heading to my sister’s house in Springville and I anticipate the following:
June 17th - June 27th Bonnie’s house
June 28th - 30th - mom and dad’s house again in Southern Utah
July 1st - 4th - Doug’s parent’s house in Utah County
July 5th - mom and dad’s house
July 6th - somewhere in Albuquerque
July 7th - somewhere in Texas
July 8th - home sweet home!

So, in about 7 weeks time, I will have slept in 13 different beds, in 5 different states. Ashlyn has been my bunkmate most of the time, with Morgan thrown in a couple of nights and Doug a (very) few as well. As much fun as it has been to travel around, I will be more than happy on July 8th when I can lay my head on my own pillow!

2 comments:

Dancersmama said...

LOL!! This is one of the funniest posts ever! How crazy all the different beds you've slept in!

Mama D said...

I agree, this is a pretty funny post. 7 weeks and 13 beds averages out to almost 2 beds per night! Imagine if that were really true - getting up at 2AM to switch beds... Ha! I also love my own bed best.

I look forward to your comments on MM when you get back from vacation.