Tuesday, March 4, 2008

An exercise in futility

I have really been wanting to get into better shape. Walking on the treadmill used to work really well for me, but then my treadmill stopped working. Then I did DVDs for awhile. Last week, I was in Sam's Club and found an exercise ball/pilates DVD so I thought I'd try it out.

Today I finally got it out and tried to do the exercises. I really liked the exercises and all, but my problem is a certain little 4-year-old. She of course wanted to exercise as well, so I had her go get a ball too. For awhile she did the exercises with me, but pretty soon she decided that she would rather be the coach. First she just told me what to do (over the person talking on the DVD of course), then she started pulling on my arms and legs to "help" me do the exercises better. Finally, she took her ball and put it under my shirt (hello, pregnant belly look!) because that would help me to do my exercises better. Sheesh. I tried. :-)

Time to get the treadmill fixed (or even better, a new one!) I guess.

1 comment:

Dancersmama said...

LOL!!! That Ashlyn never quits cracking me up!!