Saturday, February 2, 2008

Selene Parade



Last night was the Selene parade here in town. Some friends invited us to have gumbo at their house before the parade, but then Elise came down with a 103.5 fever (which we found out today is pneumonia)!! So, Doug and the other girls went to the dinner and parade without Elise and me.

They had a lot of fun. I told Doug to take lots of pictures, thinking he would read my mind and know that by that I meant "pictures OF THE KIDS!". But alas, he didn't get that message, so he only took pictures of the actual parade, and they didn't turn out so well because it was dark. But I did post a few.

In the meantime, Elise decided that she wanted to sort the beads from last year into piles by color, so we spent the evening doing that, and untangling beads!

When the parade revelers got home, we took pictures of everyone's loot.

Come visit us at Mardi Gras next year!!

If Elise is feeling okay by then, we'll all go to the Lion's parade on Fat Tuesday, and I'll be sure to take pictures of the actual children!

No comments: