Wednesday, January 23, 2008

About my Playlist

Thought I'd take a minute and explain some of the music that I've used for this blog. BTW, I've put it on random because I can't decide which song I like the best, although I do have a few faves.

I Believe by Diamond Rio: This is here as a tribute to Kristy Ragsdale. Apparently it was a song she really liked, and I think it has a great message. For those who aren't familiar with the story, Kristy was murdered on her 30th birthday by her estranged husband in a church parking lot in Lehi, Utah. Her murder really affected me, especially coming on the heels of other recent cases, namely Lori Hacking and Tina Eubanks. So this is here in remembrance of those three young moms who left this life way too soon at the hands of domestic violence.

Angel by Sarah McLachlan: I always thought it was pretty, and it reminds me of my little angels.

When You Love Someone: Just because I was a Bryan Adams fan growing up, and I like the song.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road: I'm a huge EJ fan (sorry to my brothers, who can't stand him), and this is my all-time favorite EJ song.

For Good from Wicked: We saw Wicked last April in Houston, and have been fans of the music for a long time. This is one of our favorite songs and seems appropriate for a blog, since it is about relationships and how everyone affects us in one way or another. I prefer the duet version with Elphaba and Glinda, but this solo version was the only one I could find.

Home by Michael Buble: He just has a really great voice, and this song seemed like a good background for a family blog.

Somewhere Only We Know: Just like the song.

In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride: Again, a great voice, and this song reminds me to try to be a good mom. :-)

Something About the Way You Look Tonight: Again, EJ. This was our "first dance" at our wedding 10 years ago! Actually, it might be our only dance, ever, come to think of it!

1 comment:

Dancersmama said...

I like your music selections! I have never heard of the Diamond Rio song. Nor have I ever heard of that murder you mentioned - SAAAD story!!! And I'm still envious that ya'll saw WICKED. I need to see that! I know our family would love it. Okay, and I have to laugh about how your brothers hate Elton John!!